Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tele-Conversation with M

Sunday ended with me, sitting all alone infront of my brand-new TV, ironically a gift from him. I would exchange the TV anytime for one more minute with him. The skies grew dark. I sat in the living room, in darkness and in silence. I needed a change so I picked up my phone and messaged M. M called and here is the gist of our tele-conversation:

___________________________________________________________________
M: What happened?
Me: I don't know anymore.
M: I can talk to you but you must promise me one thing.
Me: Ok... and what is that?
M: You cannot cry. If you are going to cry, I'm going to hang up the phone.
Me: Ok.. Don't worry. I won't.
M: So what happened this time? I thought you guys were fine after the episode last week.
Me: I thought so too. Thursday was good. Friday was fine. Saturday was great. And then came Sunday... ... ... I should have just done what I had set out to do... ... ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
M: Men have egos and they hate to know that they are unable to provide for the person they love or carry out duties or things on their own. Men approach problems in a very different manner, as copmpared to women. For men, solving a problem presents an opportunity to demonstrate their competence and their strength of resolve. And when faced with a sore ego, they naturally react with a defence, which they are not even aware of. It is very natural.
Me: But the last thing I wanna do is to hurt his ego. Doing something or anything for the person you love is natural too.
M: Do whatever you wanna do but don't comment on it. Don't talk about the process. Just do it and shut up. He's probably already feeling bad about having you do his work and when you told him that you might be the one doing all his work in the end, that hurt his ego.
Me: But I meant well. I will do all his work, if the need arises. No questions asked. No complaints. I am more than happy that I can be of any help to reduce his workload or stress.
.. ... ...
.
.
.
.
M: Give him a night. Let him chill. Let him watch his porn. Let him sleep. He will be fine in the morning. Message him tomorrow and when he's ready to talk, call him. Go in with the mindset that you want to work things out with him and that you guys will be together forever and ever and ever. Your tone will follow suit.

___________________________________________________________________
I did feel so much better, after speaking to M. I sat infront of my brand-new TV and thought about the day-long unresolved conflict. I did not follow exactly what M asked me to do but I did what I did, with THE mindset. All I got was, "I don't know where's my threshold. What if it happens again?" ... ... ...

My conclusion:
Maybe it's like what Ginette believes. We are all fragments in the universe whom were once stars. For every star, there is a twin mate out there. For me, a soulmate is a person who shares our sense of life, which comes the creation of a private and parallel universe out of our sense of individuality, our differences and similarities. This universe is when we share silent understandings, unspoken words, humorous signals, and focused glances.

My last note to K:
I reflect on our conversation on the need for protocols, even in a relationship. I said it was to create a certain order within chaos. You know, I write better than I speak, here's something for you:
Love is a sanctuary. Sometimes love is the only point of certainty, and the only thing that is solid and real in the midst of chaos and ambiguity. In that sense, love is THE protocol for the many areas in our lives.

No comments: