Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Very Brit @ Zouk

We did our soundcheck, had our band meeting in the dressing room and then off we went, up on stage. When Khai and I arrived at Zouk, Electrico was still at their soundcheck and for the very first time, Amanda and I spoke. Strangely, my mum knows her family and yet we are like complete strangers. We covered Orson's 'No Tomorrow' for the event. A band meeting was called upon for the order of the songs to be played in our set, later on stage.

We chilled at the main area, with Bert, Mike and the rest of the guys. There was this lucky dip booth where one could win CDs and T-shirts. I so badly wanted the Snow Patrol's new album. So I decided to give it a shot. Bert had gone forward twice and not won a thing. So did Mike. I put my hand into the dip box and got myself a Keane's T-shirt and Khai got himself a Orson CD. Sigh... No Snow Patrol..

The crowd was great. It was our second time we were playing at Zouk. Khai and I were looking forward all week for this gig cos Khai missed the first time when we played at Zouk. I am just so happy we finally played at zouk TOGETHER GETHER.. Just found out that I screwed up at the start of 'Class A Love Affair' yesterday, during jamming, when Saiful pointed my mistake out to me. I wanted to find out what went wrong. Was it really just me? For someone who could formulate convincing reasons in support of my opinions in debates like evils of materialism or euthanasia or karma, when it comes to matters concerning the band or Khai, I am usually left dumbfounded, speechless. Instead I come across as agressive and defensive, two polar-apart entities co-existing together on my face. I was just alittle disappointed cos I really don't want to let the band down in any way at all. Khai sat me down and told me that such mistakes can only be avoided through many live gig experiences. I sorta got over my bad after his hugs and kisses. =) Thanks Sweetie..

Immediately after the set, we left in Mike's car, went to pick Leigh up and headed for khai's place to watch soccer..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all make mistakes.. everyone of us - seriously.. one giant, frequent example: off-key singing.. that one happens at every gig.. nothing we can do about it, so we look back and laugh at them.. in fact, i was hoping we would all laugh at it when i mentioned it.. i didn't even realise the mistake until i heard joe's recording, and i thought it was funny.. as was our other mistakes (we made a few!).. anyway, no offence or grief intended.. :)

Welcome to the real world ... music said...

Errr..fictionare...I "ahem" NEVER sing off key....yeahhh..

Anonymous said...

oops sorry.. when i said 'everyone of us' i meant everyone in the band.. and them old karaoke uncles.. :)

the great spy experiment singer always sings off-key.. waaaaaaaay off.. the tit..

on a separate note...
grammatical error spotted in my previous post..
it should have read: as were our other mistakes..