Saturday, July 01, 2006

Radiotherapy Sessions (now 5/17)

The mornings of this entire week were spent at the Radiation Oncology centre at SGH. I just did my 5th radiotherapy sessions yesterday. As compared to my previous chemo sessions, radiation is so much easier to bear.

Last week, I went to the centre to do the markings on the skin of my body. The makings included two tattooed points. I had to go through an X-ray machine called a 'simulator', which is used to plan my radiotherapy treatment. The machine is built to simulate a radiotherapy machine. Precise measurements are then taken to determine the distance between the source of radiation and my body. This is extremely crucial because the distance will determine the dose of radiation. Ink markings are then made on my body so that the radiographers will be able to work on the same area for all my 17 sessions. The entire procedure took 45 minutes. The actual radiation treatment will take me 15 minutes.

The coming Monday will be my 6th session. Haven't had much side-effects from my previous 5 sessions, except for fatigue and dry throat. I hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»