Friday, March 03, 2006

Neupogen Injections




Yesterday, I was at the centre by 11am with Mummy. I did my blood test and the results, after an hour of wait, showed that my body was unable to take chemo for the day. With all the stuff that I packed to spend my day at the chemo room; laptop, DVDs, school worksheets to mark.... Sigh.. My doctor said that my white blood count was way too low and my body will not be able to take the 4-hour chemo treatment.

I am instead placed on a 2 cycle of Neupogen, which is a white blood count booster. Each cycle will consists of 3 days worth of Neupogen injections, to be done at the same time for per cycle of 3 days. I am to inject myself at the abdomen. Okok.. I used to wish that I have a junkie body.. I was really just kidding.. I have bruised injection marks on the veins of my arms and wrists, from the syringes of the drips, chemo and blood test. And now, to add to the collection is my abdominal area..

Chemo has been postponed till Monday and hopefully, my white blood count by then, would have recovered and is at the appropriate level to undergo chemo.