
The event was held at Substation Guinness Theatre and was supposed to start at 6pm. Yes.. I have my reasons to say that they were supposed to start at 6pm. Everyone waited till almost 7pm, before the doors to the theatre were open, with the glimpse of cheesy effects from the smoke machine, near the door. Sheesh.. Came to check out the band that people were raving about. As for myself, I was there for KLPHQ.
Ess and Fuzz were also playing that night. Their band, Life without dreams, is the headliner for the event. Love their last song which Fuzz sang. There were also other bands like the Subway Stars. Very mogwai-ish but sounds were not as sleek though. There were too many abrupt transistions. The dreamy.. surreal feel was just so disturbed. Can take no "journey" with their music. But the band was really tight. KLPHQ rocks!! Though their cute keyboardist wasn't there, they still rock. Yes Sweetie... I'm not just there for the keyboardist. The lead guitarist gave a speech about how music is art and the reasons behind why they will never record or sell their merchandise, like t-shirts or posters. He went on and added that they feel each of their gigs is a form of performance art. *Clap Clap*...
Furniture only started playing at 10, with a cheesy opening. We think the band was kinda over-rated. I don't exactly dig the vocalist's singing, too "Muppet-ish" for my liking. But I do like some songs of theirs, like "Postcards" and "Who is Adam King?". They played only about 5 songs. Left the stage and waited for encore. Omigod!! Rudy, the MC, guy from Void Deck, have to get responses from the quiet crowd a couple of times for their encore. The band came out nevertheless, despite the poor responses from the crowd.. It was so planned!! I really felt they should have just played on instead.
The whole event ended at 11pm. I think I just had an overdose of post-rock tonight.. Should have heed the advice: Everything must be consumed in moderation..

1 comment:
hi all almostopia.blogspot.com admin found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com
Post a Comment