Saturday, June 18, 2005
Torn
What is written here today goes out to people out there, no gender specified, who you think you are torn between two person. I heard of people going around asking for opinions on what to do and who to choose. "I know yet I don't know"..."I'm sure yet I'm not sure".. "Why can't it be simpler?"... The truth is nobody can make that choice, except you. You can ask a million people and yet be in a limbo, with no choice made.. We can all love a dozen of people simultaneously but we can only be in love with one person at a time. We can have feelings for two people but we can not be in love with two people and should never pretend to be.. When one admires two people, the scales will have to tip on one side eventually; so even then, there is a choice to be made.
Being torn is a momentary state, where one is begging to have all their options laid on the table without disturbance, so that they could have all the time in the world to make the right choice, so that they will not live to regret. This is not love. I must say that it has little to do with love. Here, we are discussing who is ‘better'; who is ‘more suitable' for me. Not ‘whom I am in love with'. So.. it very much depends on case to case basis, ask yourself: are you after love or are you after material comfort or are you after "the best", regardless of whether you love the person or not.. (this will be love based on a sense of security.) A word of caution: Expectation comes with love. If you expect love, you will be hurt. There are people who hang on to the person they love with their dear lives, for fear they will leave them one day. That is not love as Apostle John once wrote, "Where there is perfect love, there can be no fear".
Love is one of the most powerful emotions that human can have. It takes hold of us with great passion and strength. It can lead us into temptation, and deliver us from evil. Whatever it is, I think the usage of the word 'love' has been abused. Many speak most eloquent words of love. Fewer show it in their lives. I still believe actions speak louder. Sweetie used to ask me to define love. I couldn't and neither can he. Weeks apart from him.. This will be how I would define love if he ever ask me again: Love is when you would do anything to be able to see the person. It is when you can’t stand one moment without that person. It is when you think about that person the first moment you wake up and the last second before you sleep at night. Our life on earth is a journey, where we are always in the search of the questions we cannot seem to answer and all the unanswered questions keeps making us feel as if we only exist and die into nothingness. Therefore, the ultimate answer to the meaning of life is 42. (heheh.. just kidding) On a serious note, I guess it's love..
For me, with love comes hope.. Love that tests true to diverse storms and passes the true love tests . When a relationship which goes through stormy times and still endures, it means that the butterflies still persist. The other person still gives you a reason to hold on; still has that something; the fire, the smile, the look in their eyes and the charm to make you still hold on, despite all the ups and downs. At this level, I will know that I love that person truly. So to people out there who have yet made a choice, ask yourself this: How will I define love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment