Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Koh Phangan




The weather on the second day is so much better, with the sun shining fiercely. The beach was filled with sun worshippers. Infront of our hut is a hammock, which I have never used in my life. I tried it and the feeling is just awesome. Here in Koh Phangan, we stayed at Phangan Bayshore, Haad Rin, where you can find great, friendly staff, a cute little dog, whom I miss dearly, and a crazy, angry boss. The air-con in our room didn't work on our third night. We had to sleep on the hammock and feed ourselves to the commando mosquitoes. I got bitten badly on my hands and Khai had his fair share on his feet. We asked for a change of room but the key press was locked. The poor guy could only helplessly looked at us and kept saying, 'sorry'. Khai borrowed the guy's acoustic guitar and serenaded me to sleep. What a night.
People only started to come in to Koh Phangan on our second day. I did foot massage last night. It was done traditionally, with the wooden stick and all. I like it. Khai did his usual Thai traditional massage. We watched 'Borat' and 'Team America' at this restaurant which serves wicked banana milkshake. Right now, he is undergoing his reiki and chakra balancing treatment at this cool massage school we found at Sunset Beach. They offer courses in the different massage techniques as well as reiki healing. If I could stick around longer, I would go for the 30 hours course.
Our four days in Koh Phangan ended with us, attending their Black Moon Party, in the jungle of nowhere, at Bann Tai. It was like Zoukout all over again. We only got there at about 1am in the morning, after a long, dark, bumpy ride from Haad Rin, all the way to Bann Tai.

No comments: