Monday, April 24, 2006

Counting down to the last of my chemo treatments

Received the results of my CT scan last Thursday. Doctor said my recovery is looking up and it is confirmed that I will only have to undergo 4 cycles of chemo rather than the initial 6 cycles. I have just started on my 3rd cycle on Friday. My patience wears thin really fast nowadays. The 4 hour treatment seems to last forever.

Last Friday, as I lay in the ward, I looked around me. There were people just like me, enslaved to the equipment and drips. I tried to keep my mind off by playing with my PSP and listening to my IPod. As I listened to Massive Attack's "Live with me", I started feeling sorry for the people around me. All of us, here in the ward, could be out there doing something worthwhile than lying here. I tried to sleep but I couldn't as the haunting smell of plastic tubes filled my lungs, to the point I really felt like puking. I kept chanting, "My mind is the most powerful thing. It is and I defy whatever sensation the treatment is trying to conjure in me right now."

I am left with 3 more chemo treatments and followed by a month of radiotherapy. I must and I will live through this..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»