Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Went for my surgery finally











My surgery was scheduled yesterday at TTSH at 0930hrs. After all that anxiety and apprehension, I finally went for it. I couldn't sleep at all, the night before. Had an anxiety attack in the morning, the day before the surgery. Sigh.. The time came and I went for it.

Khai and Mummy accompanied me to the hospital. Did all the necessary paperwork and I got changed into the operating gown. I was wheeled into the operating theatre at o915hrs. My hands and feet were cold but I tried to think about blue skies and white clouds the whole time. The staff nurse,Sister Chai, was nice. She brought in a heater to keep me warm throughout the surgery.

I laid there, on the surgery bed. Really felt like I was in the music video of one of the Interpol songs. There was music playing in the background. The surgeon and my specialist, Dr Ang, were there. The nurses got me ready by putting all these devices on my stark body. As I inhaled the GA, the rest was history.

I woke up in the recovery bay, without any feeling at my right neck and shoulder. I was not even sure if the surgery was already carried out. I just couldn't wait to see Khai and Mummy.

That was it. The story of my first surgery. Thank you Sweetie for going through the whole thing with me and taking care of me, the whole day after the surgery. Mummy and Khai took shift to take care of me. He was there with me till 11 at night and Mummy came home to look after me till 7am this morning. I am so blessed.. Really.. I will be meeting Dr Ang this Friday for my lab test report and to remove my stitches. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Please... no more treatments.. no more hospital visits..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mag,

I believe your road to recovery would be a speedy one for you are well taken care of. Oh ya, congrats on the release of your band's single. I wish I could have a copy of your album. Perhaps, I can get my gfs to send it over
;P (BB)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... ringtones Buick t type reagal Massachusettes car insurance quick divorce Best casino gaming in las vegas Play now free bingo no registering . Symantec internet 2005 spyware will not refresh Helios callcenter Balliet v farmers insurance exchange Refinancing rental property in us propecia order