Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2005 has come and gone..

This is the first time I celebrated New Year in a quiet way, minus the clubbing, away from the crowd. It was spent at Haji Lane, with a couple of friends. Dino was having a ball of a time with the others at Pan Pacific. Rog was supposed to meet up but had to do a raincheck cos he wasn't feeling up to it. I guess it does really mean that I am getting older and hopefully wiser. It used to be anywhere, with loads of people, drinks, loud music and all. The best part of it all is that I got to spent it with Sweetie this year. Last year, we had to communicate through our mobiles. We were so near yet so far; ironically both at Little India. He was with his friends and I was with mine.
2005 came and went. So many things happened in 2005. What a year it was. Just a recap of some of the major events....
  • I was in and out of hospitals and clinics for so many different reasons that I lost count. Almost died... Broke my right hand.. Sheesh.. I'm just glad I lived through all that and I am so ready to embrace the good things to come for 2006.
  • My greatest regret was to not follow my heart and I terminated my concept. I really should have stick with it and not gave it up. I should be enjoying the fruits of my labour now if I had not done what I did.
  • I finally graduated. Got my honours. Made it into the top 20 of my cohort. It is defintely more than I can ever ask for.
  • Started my teaching career. Couldn't get used to waking up at 5.30am every morning. School was hell for me. The politics and how people follow the book so closely that I find it so hard to breathe. These people really need to get a grip of themselves and they should stop breathing down my neck. At the end of day, all we should be doing is to educate the many children, placed in our care and not worry about who will threaten our promotion opportunities. This is so lame that it is beyond my comprehension. We are teachers and not in sales or commission-based jobs. I am only trying to give back to the society and I come in peace.
I hope 2006 will be a good one and be much kinder than 2005.