Saturday, August 13, 2005

The death of Cinema's 5th gig @ NUS


The Death of Cinema @ NUS (11-08-05) Posted by Picasa

Their set was scheduled at a strategic time of 2034hrs. Playing at the same gig is Force Vomit. Arriving at the venue at 1830hrs, the crowd was weak. The turnout was pretty bad for an outdoor concert at NUS. One of the many viable reasons I can think of would have to be the IHG (Inter-hall games) that were going on at the same time at the different halls there. The crowd consisted mainly of girlfriends and friends of the bands that were playing at the gig. The Death of Cinema came on, as scheduled. They played a total of 4 songs. The audience did not respond too well to their music, just like the previous set by Great Spy Experiment which I attended here, at NUS. The crowd at NUS generally look out for commercial or radio-friendly music, which is the norm for many. I must say it is not one of the good gigs that they had played. Denise Keller was the MC at the event and commented after their set: "Everyone, please give a round of applause to The Death of Cinema. A unique band.." The implication of that statement.. Hmm.. I leave it as it is...

No comments: